Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow Day #3

In case you were wondering, yes we were "snowed in" once again! I must say I've gotten used to sleeping in a little and lying around in my pjs most of the day. However, today we decided to get out of bed try for a productive day. I needed to go to the bank this morning so it was the perfect excuse to get more than 5 minutes away from our house and get a reminder what the "outside" world was like again. Jacob had a school project to work on and needed materials for it so we also made a
Wal-Mart run! It's not a normal day until a Simpson has seen the inside of a Wal-Mart! Jacob's Kindergarten class will be celebrating their 100th day in school next week. Each child has been asked to bring something to school before then that is made out of 100 "things". They are going to display their creations in a museum next week for all to see. I knew we had to do some planning on this! I couldn't just send my son to school w/a mediocre project, right? After all, I am a preschool teacher and would be expected to come up with something creative for my son to do. No pressure! After lots of thought, Jacob decided he wanted to make a weather map. We tried several ideas, but never could quite work in 100 things in to his map so we moved on to plan B. Together, we came up with the idea that we could try to somehow make a "pretend" birthday cake with 100 candles. After gathering what we needed at Wallie World, we headed home and started work on his project. It was really easy and I must say quite creative and fun! Jacob did most of the planning himself. I'm pretty proud of our finished product if I do say so myself so of course thought I would show it off. Here you go...a sneak peak at the "Hundred Day Birthday Cake" by Jacob Simpson. (remember...the general public won't get their viewing until next Tuesday!)
Yes...there really are 100 candles on there!!

Whatcha think?? Not bad?

Looks like I'm in for 1 more "Snow Day" tomorrow! My school is cancelled again! I haven't seen my classroom or students since last Friday! I actually miss my job and my other kids! However, BA is in school tomorrow, so Jacob is excited to see his friends! Maybe next week will be back to normal! I've had lots of free time to take pics this week so thought I'd leave you with a couple more....Enjoy!!


Jacob and Kade turned my laundry basket in to a car and actually drove it around the room!


We been able to enjoy some family cuddle time!

Let's wish for more melting ice tomorrow!!!!




1 comment:

Ro said...

Love the cake, thats fun!! Your kiddos are so cute!!