Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's About Time!!!


I'm sure that's what you are thinking if you've been checking in to see if I have a new post, right? I'm planning on working towards my National Board Certification in Early Childhood next year so I've spent every free second I've had at the computer working on my National Board Scholarship application so I've haven't had a chance to have some "fun" computer time in a while! Thankfully, it is ready to be sent in the mail Monday, so now back to my entertaining time at the computer. Wish me luck!!
So... it looks like I have a lot of updating to do, so let's get to it.


I guess I'll start w/Chritmas 2008. We had a wonderful Christmas! Mike and I both agreed that was the most restful and relaxing Christmas by far! We were able to spend lots of time with all of our family and not feel rushed this year to make it to several places all in one day. The kids had so much fun as expected. Among our many "annual" Christmas traditions, we added a new one this year. We visited the Christmas Train at Dry Gulch this year for the first time. It was awesome! I just loved the atmosphere and how the overall message of Christmas was spread throughout the park. It was freeeeeezzzzzing cold, but the temperature seemed to add to the whole Christmas atmosphere, so we didn't seem to mind it too much. The kids got to talk to Santa and we actually were able to take a family pic with Santa. Jacob asked for an OU football, Kade didn't talk, but had me request that Santa bring him a rock-n-roll guitar (so he could be Bon Jovi) and Mckynlee wasn't quite sure about Santa, but not scared! The kids loved the train and the boys were convinced they were riding on The Polar Express!


Along w/the Christmas train, we took our usual walk through Rhema to oohhh and ahhh over their amazing display of lights. Mckynlee was more intrigued with the music that was playing and insisted on stopping for a little "booty-shaking" every once in a while.


Christmas Eve, we attended the service at Asbury. We have attended this every year since Jacob was born. This has become our family's new Christmas Eve tradition. We all get dressed up in our Christmas clothes, take pics in front of the tree before leaving and then enjoy an evening at church. Mike and I want to instill in our children the true meaning of Christmas in celebrating the birth of our Savior. There is no other place that we want or should be on Christmas Eve than in church celebrating Jesus! After returning home, the kids changed in to their Christmas pjs (since Jacob's first Christmas, I have bought "special" pjs that the kids wear on Christmas Eve night.) We put out our reindeer food, hung Santa's special key on the door so he didn't have to get dirty sliding down our chimney, and set out the milk and cookies. After our speech (mainly to Jacob and Kade since Mckynlee is still confined to her crib) about how Santa will not come unless you are in bed....and how if you hear something in the night not to get up....and that you DO NOT go downstairs when you get up in the morning and come straight to our room....the kids finally made it to bed!!!


Christmas morning was full of excitement as you can imagine. My favorite memory is seeing the kids running down the stairs to make it to their gifts! I have had this image of how Christmas morning would be in our new house the day that I first walked in to the house back in March when we were "house hunting". The kids couldn't decide what to check out first! Mike and I have a talk with Santa each year and tell him to limit the number of gifts each child receives to 3....Baby Jesus received 3 gifts on his b-day so our kids should receive only 3 gifts as well. If 3 gifts were enough for Jesus, that's more than enough for J, K and M! (Again, taking the focus off of gifts and back on Jesus) Anyway, Jacob got an OU football, and guitar too (he likes to be Toby Mac). Kade got a rock n'roll guitar and GeoTrax train set and Mckynlee got a highchair for her babies and a Cabbage Patch Kid. (I got my first Cabbage Patch Kid on Christmas morning exactly 25 years earlier...good job Santa!) There was also a Lego Table for all 3 to share!


We had a great time with our Game Night friends on New Year's Eve! We went out to dinner and then played the Hobbs' Wii the rest of the night! We have such fun and awesome friends! We are blessed to have such a close group of friends to hang out with! (I love you guys if you are reading this!!!)


My Christmas Break from school was great! It reminded me of how much fun my kids are and why I like hanging out with my kids! We had the best time together and I really wasn't looking forward to returning to school!


Sorry for such a long post, but like I said, I had a lot of catching up to do! I promise to post more often so as not to bore you w/so much to read at once!! Stand by for some picture catching up as well......


Happy 2009!

Jenn

1 comment:

LauraD said...

Glad you had a great CHRISTmas! Simple is so much better, isn't it.