Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Another "ICE Day"....

Well....I find myself sitting at home iced in for yet another day!! Most of you know that I'm not one to sit around the house for very long. I have to be out and about or I go a little stir crazy! This has been my 3rd day in a row at home. Kade wasn't feeling well Monday, so we stayed home, but the past 2 days we've been "iced in!" I've enjoyed the time I've gotten to spend with my kids but aside from that, I'm running out of things to do! I've washed every shred of laundry in the house, cleaned all of the dishes, sorted through boxes of clothes for the JBF Sale, organized pictures and changed out pictures in frames, worked out w/ Jillian Michaels (you know, the Biggest Loser trainer) reassuring me that I was NOT going to die, cleaned closets...well, you get it.
After much begging from 3 bored kids, we decided before lunch today that it was time to venture outside of the house! Yes! Fresh air!!



I swore I would never submit my children to numerous layers of clothing when going out to play in snow like my mom did to me, but found myself doing it anyway! (you were right mom!)





After bundling up, we were finally out the door for some fun in the snow...or should I say ice? The kids had a great time, but were a little disappointed when they realized that they couldn't quite make a snowman out of ice or have "iceball" fights.



Jacob tried his best to make an "ice angel"!


We stayed out as long as we could stand it. It was a great break for all of us! My favorite part was standing back and watching Jacob, Kade and Mckynlee enjoy every moment of it! As I watched them explore every possible aspect of the ice, I was reminded of how important it is to step back and view the world through their eyes! How fascinating it is for a 2, 3 and 5 year old to discover the wonders of a little ice on a cold January day!
It looks like there's no school again tomorrow so we'll be enjoying day #4 inside! I wonder what I can clean tomorrow????

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh my gosh! Your kids are soo freaking cute! I'm so sad we don't live closer so our kids can play together like their mommas did in college! You guys get all the fun weather in Tulsa! Nothing but wetness here...(insert sigh) Will my kids ever get to make a snowman!