Sunday, April 12, 2009

HAPPY EASTER!!

Despite all of the rain today, we've had a wonderful Easter! I'll keep my words short and share lots of pics! Just a little update...Kade and Mckynlee had an Egg Hunt at their school last week. Mckynlee's strategy was to toss her basket aside so she could run faster to get to the eggs before anyone else. I guess the extra weight of the basket was slowing her down! I followed behind w/her basket as she gathered the eggs. Being the "Candy Expert" that he is, Kade was most excited at the discovery of candy in every egg, especially if he found M & Ms or Skittles (his favorites)! I guess Jacob crossed over to the "I'm too cool for an egg hunt" side of the world this year. We weren't able to attend our church egg hunt last week. Both boys had baseball games. Jacob's school doesn't have egg hunts so I was feeling a little bad for him. His brother and sister were both getting to participate in hunting eggs, but Jacob wasn't going to get the opportunity this year. When I asked him if he was disappointed that he didn't have an egg hunt at his school, he simply answered, "No Mom. Egg hunts are for the little kids in preschool, not for big Kindergarteners." Ok...enough said.
We had a fun morning finding eggs from the Easter Bunny and checking out what he left behind for the kids. Then, it was off to church! We actually made it on time today!
I'll end with the closing words Mckynlee has told everyone who she had come in contact with today:
"Happy Easter Egg!"

My wonderful hubby and me...


Jacob checking out his eggs from the Easter Bunny...wait, wasn't he too cool for an Egg Hunt??



Kade was excited to find a "baseball" Easter egg! (I'm sure it had candy in it too!)


Mckynlee giving her pink bunny a hug!


Keeping with family tradition, we colored eggs yesterday! We had to make a last minute run to the store because Mike and the kids decided to have scrambled eggs for breakfast Saturday morning...yes, they ate all of the eggs that I had planned on coloring with the kids. Thank goodness Wal-Mart is across the street! Problem solved...

Can you tell she's proud of her eggs?? This is the first year she had the patience and attention span to sit and dye eggs with us!



My Little Easter Bunnies...aren't they cute? (I don't know how much longer I can make Jacob wear the yellow bunny ears so enjoy this picture now...it may not happen next year!)



Mckynlee and her friend "Peanut" at their school egg hunt.



Mckynlee and Kade at their school in Wagoner
("Kids Day Out" @ the First United Methodist Church).

1 comment:

L stewart said...

Your family is precious!!! Glad to see what you all are up to!