Saturday, August 8, 2009

I Survived!!!

I did it! I survived the 1st sleepover at my house! After going to a sleepover last year, Jacob has begged for me to let him have one at our house. We attempted to schedule one for his 6th birthday in April, but never managed to find a free weekend that he and his friends weren't playing baseball or soccer, so we put it off until summer. Last week the realization was made by both Jacob and myself, that we STILL had not had his sleepover as promised. So...I had to stick by my words. With school starting in a week we were running out of time so it was now or never!
We invited 3 of Jacob, Kade & Mckynlee's best friends over for our very first Sleepover! They had a blast! They played outside, inside, had Nerf gun fights, made pizza, ate sno cones and the fun goes on and on! Needless to say it was craziness in my house...2 six year olds, 1 five year old, 1 four year old, 1 three year old and 1 two year old! (all boys except Mckynlee!!) I must have been out of my mind when I agreed to this! Despite my uncertainty, everything turned out great! There had to be a few "reminders" throughout the evening, but all in all we made it out in one piece! The kids even went to sleep! Granted it was midnight before they all dozed off, but they did fall asleep!
I must say I have a greater appreciation of my parents for all of the sleepovers they endured for my pleasure. Thanks mom and dad! I owe you BIG TIME! I'm not sure what would be worse...a house full of wild rambunctious boys or giggly squealing girls like my parents had to put up with. I guess I'll find that out with time...I'm sure this wasn't my last!!
Here's a few pics of our evening:


Our "occupants" for the evening: Jacob, Zach, Isaac, Cooper, Kade & Mckynlee

Making pizza...(notice Mckynlee is eating the cheese instead of putting it on her pizza!)

Eating pizza...


"Goodnight!!" (look how calm and sweet they look!)

2 comments:

Denise @ Life on Stepping Stone Lane said...

Looks like ya'll had alot of fun!! But, believe me, as they get older....the sleepovers get CRAZIER!!! Sometimes they NEVER GO TO SLEEP!!!!!!! :)

Amy said...

I love it how M is the only girl at an all boy sleepover! she is soo cute!