Saturday, March 28, 2009

Snow in March? Really??

Yes...we actually had snow today...lots of snow! If I had to guess, we ended up with at least 5 inches, maybe 6?? It started snowing HUGE flakes around 8:00 this morning and was still snowing when the kids, Mike and I went outside to play in the snow around 5:00. Even though I hated the idea of winter weather just when I finished putting up all of our winter clothes, it was beautiful! The kids were very excited and kept running to the window all morning, just to watch the snow fall. I found myself in awe as I watched the snow come down too.
One of my best memories as a little girl was doing the "Snow Dance" w/my dad whenever
there was a chance for snow. We believed that if we did the "Snow Dance" then snow was surely to come our way. We would also break out the "Snow Dance" if we were just excited about the snow that was already falling. So, keeping w/family tradition, the kids & I had to
do the "Snow Dance" today!

Jacob & I w/our Baseball Snowman!

Kade made a face out of snow on his snowman!



Mckynlee only came outside long enough to take her picture...she didn't like the snow blowing in her face.






It was the perfect snow for snowballs and a building a snowman. Just wet enough to "pack" down nicely! Just as quickly as the snow fell, it has already started melting away. Now our yard is a huge, muddy, sloshy mess! It was nice while it lasted! In my opinion, this is the "perfect snow"! It was fun to watch, just enough and the right kind to play in and then quickly disappears! Hopefully we'll be back to real Springtime tomorrow!









1 comment: